Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Google Fiber

I know you have already heard a great deal about Google coming to Kansas City.  However, if we don't act before September 9th, we will lose out on something that could make our neighborhood more liveable.  Right now, we need 10% of our combined neighborhoods to pre-register before September 9th.   We are aware that some of our neighbors presently don't even have computers or internet service.  We have people, including Google, who are willing to help us overcome that.  We need you to not only pre-register, but to help spread the word.

I am emailing you because I see Google Fiber as an opportunity for our community to get the fastest Internet in the country -- and to realize the benefits of gigabit Internet we need to work together.  I am in direct contact with the Google Fiber Team, and I am working with them to find ways to get messaging to our communities.  There is much to know about Google Fiber, and I am attaching to this email a couple of documents that will help you understand it.  My contact on the Google Fiber team is Christina Komonce [ckomonce@google.com].  Please reach out to her directly with questions.

If you have not yet done so, we need you to pre-register.  Go to Google.com/Fiber, click on "Pre-Register" and enter your address.  It will tell you the "fiberhood' you reside in, and also let you know how many more pre-registrations you need to qualify for Google to build in your community.  

If you have already pre-registered, please help us spread the word.  Each of the documents attached to this email are also able to be shared, so please pass them along to friends, family members, and coworkers.  And please let me know if you are interested in helping me making Kansas City the fastest city in the world!